Listening Skills ECourse
- If you want to be a good listener you have to cultivate the habit of effective listening. Our brain is capable of processing 500 to 700 words a minute while people only speak 120 to 150 words a minute.
- When a person decides to communicate with another person, he/she does so to fulfill a need.
- Listening is the mother of all speaking. Hear how other people organize their ideas.
- Those who are good at communication know the importance of listening.
- A good speaker may sometimes find himself unwanted in a group, but rarely a good listener.
- Face to face oral communication is the most fundamental and natural mode of human communication.
- Do you know that Listening differs from Hearing….Hearing depends upon the ears, while listening uses the mind and eyes as well.
- If you want to become an effective listener you must step out of your little egoistic world and set yourself completely free.